What your team will do:
WeHero works with companies to create healthy meal packages that are delivered to the homeless. Along with the meal packages, we deliver inspirational and motivating cards written by employees. Sometimes a few kind words and a healthy nutritious meal can go a long way in opening someone’s eyes and heart, giving them the strength and hope needed for a fresh start.
While packaging the food kits, WeHero provides education around the homeless population throughout the United States and what is being done to alleviate the problem. Take photos of your team with the provided Polaroid camera so the recipient of the kit can see who made it! From there, WeHero goes out to the streets with its partners to deliver the food packs to those in need.
How it works:
- Select how many people you would like to participate in the event.
- We work with our non-profit partners to source all of the necessary materials and activities, add easy to follow instructions, box it up, and ship it to you.
- We provide instructions, a video and a pre-event call just to make sure you’re ready to go. Don’t worry, it’s easy and our team is always availble for support.
- We provide pre-paid shipping lables and boxes to make sure shipping everything back is easy.
- Once the event is over, we send thank you letters and photos to each volunteer.
What the event comes with:
- We provide a video presentation to share with the participating volunteers. We also provide detailed instructions to have the perfect event.
- Each kit will contain a number of health food snacks and hygiene items. All shipped to your doorstep to go into the kits.
- One component of all of our events is the volunteering, but we always work to provide an activity on the side to put your team in the shoes of the recipient.
- A poloraid camera so you can send pictures to the recipients.
- Pre-paid shipping labels to make it easy to get the kit in the hands of those who need it most.