Making corporate volunteering impactful and sustainable
Our corporate mission is to empower 10 million people with the tools to give back easily and impactfully. We are making corporate volunteering impactful and sustainable as we bring teams together to support a variety of worthwhile causes – from supporting veterans, providing educational materials for underserved populations, or food to those in need, your company can be part of the solution. We’re motivated by helping companies give back and the ripple effects that can come from impactful corporate volunteer events.
This mission stems from our interest in helping to solve the world’s largest problems. As we’ve grown to send thousands of corporate volunteer events around the country every month, we’re reminded that we can’t just deliver impact, we need to be the impact.
To deliver on this promise of impact, we are dedicated to ensuring the sustainability of both our company and our corporate volunteer events. We are a good-news company, and we embody this motto by creating good for our partners, our communities, and Earth.
Within our own workspace, the WeHero team is committed to engaging in sustainable business operations:
- The paper in our printers is 100% recycled.
- We use recycled t-shirts to make our business cards.
- Our building relies 90% on skylights.
- We carbon offset every shipment we do.
- Our stationary is made of recycled paper.
- 50% of our office and warehouse furniture has been recycled.
While we’re working to keep our office green, we’re also committed to ensuring that every piece of our corporate volunteer events is built around our interest in promoting sustainability:
- When you’re cleaning up a beach alongside The Surfrider Foundation for your team’s corporate volunteer event, you can be proud that the team shirt you’re wearing is made out of recycled plastic!
- When you receive our remote Reforestation event, the box and all packaging are made out of 100% recycled materials. We shouldn’t need to cut down trees so that you can plant them!
Through the efforts of the WeHero team, our partners at One Tree Planted, and the participants in our remote Reforestation events, thousands of trees have been planted. Each tree planted is capable of absorbing 48lbs of CO2 per year, making them the most effective carbon scrubbing machine in the world. As reforestation efforts grow worldwide, some regions of the world are seeing an increase in the size of their tree canopy. We’re thrilled to be a part of these efforts and are excited to continue sustainably delivering impact.
These are just a few important steps we are taking to ensure that our corporate volunteer events and our company are built as sustainably as possible. We’re always learning and are lucky to work with some of the best nonprofits in the world to ensure we’re delivering impact the right way!